Frivolous Friday: A Very Silly Snow Angel & My One Word Theme for 2020
First of all Happy New Year from my heart to yours! I wish you a beautiful year full of love, laughter and snow angels where ever you can make them!
Thank you or sharing your adventures and precious memories with me – I can’t wait to see what 2020 brings!
As you can see I’m finishing up the last of my holiday baking (Ha!) and am thinking about resolutions and goals…
I found this list many years ago and I still drag it out each New Year’s Day to refresh myself
Tips for a Better Life:
• Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
• Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to.
• God has everything you’ll ever need in life so hook up with Him.
• Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants; eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
• Drink plenty of water. Eat blueberries, salmon, broccoli, almonds and walnuts.
• Try to make at least three people smile each day.
• Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, energy vampires, issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control, instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
• Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
• Eat breakfast like a king/queen, lunch like a prince/princess and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
• Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
• Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
• You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
• Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
• No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
• ALWAYS do the right thing!
• GOD heals everything.
• Each night before you go to bed complete the following statement: I am thankful for __________
I will strive to do the things from that list as well as keep my fitness habits but rather than a formal “Resolution” I’m choosing a “One Word Theme” for the year.
And my 2020 theme is going to be the same one I had last year because I still need to work on it:
My theme for 2020 is going to be ”mindful”
I found this free printable that I’m going to post everywhere to help me remember my theme….
BTW: I first heard about a one word theme from a podcast I love: “Happier” by Gretchin Rubin – link HERE)
She suggests that having a one word theme for the year can keep your goal simple and at the top of your mind all year long.
I plan to have that theme to remind me to slow down, think in the present, do one thing at a time and appreciate everything just a little more than I already do.
I’m a fast mover, a go-getter and list maker, so I tend to be thinking ahead all the time…and while I do stop and soak things in, I’m going to try to do that more….so stay tuned to that.
And as the perfect illustration for Mindfulness I found this precious little scene at Torrey Pines Beach this week during my morning walk –
I’m thinking whoever made it might be trying to be more mindful too….what do you think?
And tell me what your word for 2020 will be! I REALLY want to know!
Yep. This happened #3
I am having an absolute addiction to citrus and pomegranate right now – what’s with that? I’m not sure if it’s my body secretly trying to cure Scurvy or what, but I am constantly craving it!
I wish pomegranates were more affordable because I could be eating a ton of them!
(AND Of course this craving is In addition to chocolate, cookies, pies, etc – I don’t want you
to think I’ve turned into a fruit-freak or something.)
***And side note, how cute is my new farmer’s market bag?
My sweet friend Shelby had it custom made for me for Christmas and I adore it and her!
ALL Sweet Life portrait sessions are AN HOUR LONG so you all have time to relax and have fun!
Each Custom Portrait Session INCLUDES:
My professional posing advice and help to look AMAZING!
My brochure with advice on what to wear to look your best
Any location of your choice in beautiful San Diego (I have lots of ideas if you need help choosing a great spot!)
Custom retouching and hand processing of your portraits
Unlimited poses and props
Unlimited Clothing changes
Unlimited people are also included (so yes, bring the family for your high school senior session!)
An online gallery to view your portraits.
As a photographer it is my great joy to capture Family and High School Senior Portraits, Engagement, Events, Bat Mitzvahs, Bar Mitzvahs, Parties, First Birthday, 1st Birthday Headshots, Branding Photos, Commercial photography, Product Photography, Vacation Photography, Beach Photography, Maternity, Gender Reveal, Family Reunions, Newborns and Babies, Children, Couples, Weddings and MORE that are as special and unique as you are –
Serving San Diego, Poway, Scripps Ranch,La Jolla, Del Mar, Rancho Santa Fe, 4-S Ranch, Penasquitos, Rancho Bernardo, Ramona, Sabre Springs,
Outdoor Family, Child, High School Senior, Family Reunion, Gender Reveal, Newborn, Engagement Couples
Best Fun Senior Portraits, Family Reunion, Beach, Portrait Shoot, Park, Portrait shoot, Balboa Park, On Location, outdoor, Wedding photographer