Hawaiian Wedding Cake
Okay, two recipes to share with you from the book club luncheon I prepared yesterday.
Starting with an easy dessert!
Start with a white boxed cake —
Then cover that with a can of crushed pineapple (juice too)
Then mix up a block of cream cheese and 2 cups of vanilla pudding.
Spread that over the pineapple….
Now add a nice thick layer of cool whip….
Are you with me here???? YUM!
Then top with a thick layer of coconut.
Chill for a few hours.
Then say ‘Aloha’ and dive in!
Okay – here’s the recipe:
- · Make one boxed white cake according to directions in a 13×9″ pan. Bake.
- · Cool.
- · Spread one can of crushed pineapple including the juice over the top of the cake.
- · Next, mix up one small box of vanilla pudding according to directions. (Instant Pudding will work, but I don’t think it tastes as good as the cooked variety. If you use the cooked one, allow it to cool before the next step)
- · Whip one block of cream cheese until fluffy, then add in the prepared, cooled vanilla pudding.
- · Spread that over the cake and pineapple layer.
- · Top that with a layer of cool whip.
- · Last step is to sprinkle the top that with a nice layer of coconut flakes.
- · Cover and chill for several hours. It’s just as good a day or two later (but I bet it won’t last that long!)
Chill well and EAT!